The Five Points MARTA station is the main transfer point between the north-south (red and gold) and east-west (blue and green) rail lines, so it is the largest, and for some, the most confusing of all the MARTA stations. Just knowing a few key tips about the layout makes it that much easier to get around.
Things to Know
- There are four station entrances/exits, one one each side of the station: Peachtree Street, Forsyth Street, Alabama Street and the Broad Street Plaza (see below for destinations near each exit)
- The north-south rail line is on the lowest level of the station. One level up is the east-west line, and one level above that is street level.
- There are plenty of signs indicating how to get to the street, eastbound, westbound, northbound or southbound train platforms, so it is helpful to know in advance what direction you need to go.
- Elevators have varying stops. In some cases you will have to go up to street level and down a different elevator to get to the level you need.
Peachtree Street Exit
- Underground Atlanta
- Georgia State University
- Woodruff Park
- Fairfield Inn and Suites
- Fulton County Government Center
- Georgia Freight Railroad Depot
Broad Street Plaza Exit
Forsyth Street Exit
- State Bar of Georgia
- Sam Nunn Federal Center
- Richard B. Russell Building
Alabama Street Exit
- ATL City Studio
- Mammal Gallery