Starting March 30, 2020, MARTA is reducing bus frequency on most routes and increasing service on some of the busier routes (see below) to help with costs and social distancing. Note that all bus routes will remain in operation.
You can view or search for specific MARTA bus schedules online; MARTA should be updating the route schedules on their website and in the MARTA on the Go app by March 30. We recommended using the MARTA on the Go app for real-time bus locations on a map so you can see where the bus is without using a printed schedule.
Not sure which bus to take? Plan your trip with Google Maps to view MARTA bus and rail options. Just click on the train icon instead of the car to get MARTA directions. New to ridnig the bus? View tips for new riders and how to ride MARTA buses.
Most MARTA bus routes operate on weekdays from approximately 5 a.m. to midnight. On weekends and holidays, buses typically start later and are less frequent. Buses arrive anywhere from every 15 minute to every hour depending on the route, day and time.
Routes with Increased frequency
The following bus routes will have additional service and less wait times starting March 30, 2020 until further notice:
- 5 Piedmont Road/Sandy Springs (service on Piedmont Road and Roswell Road between Buckhead and Sandy Springs)
- 15 Candler Road (service between downtown Decatur and South Dekab mall largely via Candler Road)
- 39 Buford Highway (service on Buford Highway between the Doraville and Lindbergh Center stations)
- 73 Fulton Industrial (service on the west side, with service to/from the H.E. Holmes MARTA station on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and Fulton Industrial)
- 78 Cleveland Avenue (service on Cleveland Avenue with stop at the East Point MARTA station)
- 83 Campbellton Road (service on southwest side with stops at the Oakland City MARTA station, Adams Park, Greenbriar Mall and Barge Road Park and Ride)
- 89 Old National Highway (service to/from the College Park MARTA station with stops at airport hotels, International Airport Terminal, Union City and Riverdale)
- 110 Peachtree Road (service on Peachtree Road between the Arts Center and Brookhaven MARTA stations, includes stop at Piedmont Hospital and Amtrak)
- 121 Memorial Drive/Stone Mountain (service on Memorial Drive to/from the Kensington MARTA station with stops at Stone Mountain Village)
- 196 Upper Riverdale/Southlake (service on Riverdale Road, S.R. 85 and Upper Riverdale Road with stops at the College Park MARTA station and Southlake Mall)
Buses are free to ride at this time to help provide distance between riders and the drivers. In normal circumstance, fare is $2.50, which you can pay with exact cash on the bus or use a Breeze Card. Free transfers to other buses and trains are included if you pay with a Breeze Card or ticket.