Most everyone has heard of Google Maps, and many have used it to get driving directions. But did you know that Google Maps also provides walking, biking and even transit directions?
The transit feature in Google Maps includes an estimate of the total commute time, the ability to select a departure date and time, and the option to view multiple routes so you can choose the one that works best for you. It will also map out bus stops and show you the very next time your bus or train will arrive if you select “Leave Now.”
To use Google Maps for MARTA or another transit system, follow the steps below:
- Go to http://maps.google.com/ (or the app)
- Search for your final destination
- Click on the blue arrow/directions button to enter your starting address
- Click on the transit icon to view only transit directions
- If desired, click on OPTIONS to select your departure or arrival time and date of travel
Once on your commute, use the MARTA on the Go app for real-time train arrivals, maps and schedules and real-time bus information on a map. Or view all next arriving trains online at marta.io.