Going to Georgia Tech? The Tech Trolley is a free transit service that travels to campus from the Midtown MARTA Station on the red/gold rail line. Follow the signs to the Peachtree Place exit to catch a ride.
If you are not in walking distance to the station or cannot easily get to MARTA rail, four MARTA bus routes connect to the Midtown MARTA station that you can use if you live along a route:
- Bus 12 travels along Northside Parkway and Howell Mill Road in West Midtown
- Bus 36 comes from N.Decatur Road/Emory University/Virginia Highlands
- Bus 27 travels down Cheshire Bridge Road and Piedmont to 14th Street
- Bus 99 comes from Boulevard, Monroe Drive and 10th Street around Piedmont Park
Once on the trolley, there are designated stops throughout the campus o the Georgia Tech Campus Recreation Center (see route map). Some of the Tech Trolley stops include:
- Publix grocery store
- Tech Square
- Georgia Tech Baseball Field
- 5th Street
- Georgia Tech Recreation Center (also closest stop to the Student Center and Ferst Center for the Arts)
The Tech Trolley is most frequent during the day Monday-Friday. Early mornings, late at night and on the weekend the trolley runs every 36 minutes.