Business travelers usually stay near their conventions and meetings for convenience, but if you are in town for fun or are in Atlanta for work and don’t mind a train commute to your business activities, pick a hotel in an area that provides the easiest access to the attractions and amenities that are important to you.
When to Stay at a Downtown Hotel
Staying in downtown Atlanta near the Dome, Peachtree Center or Civic Center MARTA stations is a good choice if:
- You want a short train ride to the airport (and don’t want to stay at an airport area hotel)
- You’re going to a major concert, sporting event or holiday activity like Fourth of July fireworks
- You enjoy an urban/city experience
- Prefer to walk to major attractions and not ride the train frequently
Explore the 10 highest-rated downtown Atlanta hotels near MARTA to get started.
When to Stay at a Midtown Hotel
Midtown is a nicer area with more amenities than downtown. Choose a hotel in Midtown near the North Avenue, Midtown or Arts Center stations if:
- You don’t want to stay in a touristy area, but still want to be close to major attractions
- You enjoy great restaurants and/or an active nightlife scene
- You’re into the arts and museums
- You love parks and exercising outdoors (Piedmont Park is a great city amenity)
View the Top 5 Midtown Atlanta Hotels Near MARTA to learn more.
When to Stay at a Buckhead Hotel
Hotels near the Lenox and Buckhead MARTA stations are great for tourists and travelers that like a more upscale environment. Consider staying in Buckhead if:
- You like to shop — choose from two malls and many retail stores
- You enjoy taking advantage of hotel amenities like spa services and onsite restaurants
- You don’t mind riding the train 10-15 minutes for sightseeing excursions
- At the end of the day, you prefer a luxury retreat
See the Top 5 Buckhead Hotels Near MARTA to plan your stay.
Top 10 MARTA Stations for Tourists
Top 10 Tourist Attractions Near MARTA