If you take a MARTA train to work, school or other destination, you don’t have to be stuck in one place all day or limit yourself to restaurants around your final destination. There are many places to eat next to rail stations all around the city. Explore the list below of our top picks for lunch based on speed of service, reviews and short walking time from a rail station.
Craving Mediterranean food? We love Cafe Agora along with the restaurant’s proximity to the Midtown MARTA station and bus 40 that runs on Peachtree Street.
For a neighborhood cafe vibe, Proof Bakeshop is next to the Inman Park MARTA station on the blue and green rail line. It easily makes our list for a tasty sandwich or soup near a train station. Follow the signs pointing to Inman Park when exiting the station.
Corner Bakery Cafe
Get on a red line train to the Buckhead MARTA station to eat at Corner Bakery. Take the Peachtree Road exit out of the station (not the bridge exit over Ga. 400) and use the first elevator or staircase to go up to street level. Turn left on Peachtree Road to reach the restaurant.
Get a quick and healthy meal at Local Green next to the Ashby MARTA station on the blue and green line. Vegan, vegetarian and seafood options are available.
Take your pick of multiple places to eat above the Decatur MARTA station on the blue line. The following list is a small sample of restaurants, but includes some of the closest (and fastest) food destinations:
We’ve listed all the Waffle Houses near MARTA here, but two are literally next to MARTA rail. Travel to the Georgia State (blue/green line) or Brookhaven (gold line) station for this classic Atlanta dining spot.
For a fast meal at Chick-fil-A, head to these MARTA stations:
Willy’s Mexicana Grill
Next to the Georgia State MARTA station you’ll stumble into Willy’s Mexicana Grill if you need a quick taco, burrito, salad or quesadilla. Follow the signs to the Piedmont Avenue exit and turn right.
Satisfy your burger craving at Five Guys, a short walk from the Chamblee MARTA station on the gold line.
For a variety of quick food options, stop by one of these food courts above or next to a MARTA station:
- Peachtree Center Mall (follow signs to the John Portman/Peachtree Street East exit at the Peachtree Center station for entrance directly into the food court)
- Lenox Square Mall (turn left on East Paces Ferry Road in front of the Lenox MARTA station, then walk through the rear mall parking lot for the entrance into the food court)
- Perimeter Mall (next to the Dunwoody MARTA station on the red line)
- Atlanta Chinatown Square (Asian food court near the Chamblee MARTA station, view directions)
- CNN Center (food court next to the GWCC/CNN MARTA station on the blue and green line)
- Hartsfield-Jackson Airport (the main concourse has a small food court open to unticketed passengers — exit at the Airport MARTA station)
If you just need a sandwich, there are several places to get one near a MARTA station:
- Quiznos (Peachtree Center, Ellis Street/Peachtree Street West exit)
- Jimmy John’s (around the corner from the Civic Center station)
- Subway (North Avenue station on the red/gold line)
- Which Wich (Midtown station on the red/gold line)
- Pita Pit (Midtown station on the red/gold line)
- American Deli (Decatur station on the blue line)
- Subway (Decatur station on the blue line)
- Intown Market & Deli (King Memorial station on the blue line)