The Rental Car Center at the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport is off-site and accessible via the free SkyTrain and the Airport MARTA station. Most major car rental companies have a desk at this location, and it is an easy place to rent a car, whether you are a local or arriving at the airport. Especially if you are renting a car for drive to the beach or any destination south of Atlanta, you can avoid city traffic by renting at this location.
Directions From MARTA
- Take a red or gold southbound train to the Airport MARTA station (last stop). If your starting station is on the blue or green line, travel to Five Points and transfer there to any southbound train (one level down).
- After exiting the fare gates, make two rights or two lefts to reach exterior doors that go outside (W1 and W2 doors).
- Use the crosswalk to cross the street and go up the elevator, escalator or stairs to the SkyTrain platform.
- The Rental Car Center is the second stop.
Directions From the Airport
- Follow signs to baggage claim after getting off the plane.
- Walk to the end of baggage claim to the exterior doors marked W1 (north terminal) or W2 (south terminal).
- Cross the street to reach the SkyTrain station. Elevators, escalators and stairs are avialable.
- Exit SkyTrain at the second stop, which is the Rental Car Center.
Note that if you arriving into the International Terminal, ride the free shuttle to the domestic terminal, which drops off passengers next to the SkyTrain station.