After a fire triggered the collapse of a bridge on I-85, Atlanta officials are encouraging MARTA commutes and working on plans for traffic flow. Here is what you need to know about MARTA service:
- MARTA bus routes 27, 6, 33, 30 and 47 were affected by the bridge collapse. View the MARTA on the Go app or itsmarta.com for latest service alerts
- Extra rail service is planned through the weekend and no single tracking
- Parking is available at many MARTA stations, however, parking lots may reach capacity (especially on the north side) so consider taking Uber or Lyft to your nearest MARTA station or biking
- Use Google Maps to plan your transit commute or search MARTAGuide.com to view directions to popular destinations
Other Transit Options
- Use Georgia Commute Options to find carpool and vanpool options — vehicles with three or more people will be able to use the Southbound Express lane on I-85 (Peach Pass required)
- View the park and ride lots around Atlanta — most of these lots are serviced by GRTA Xpress, CobbLinc or Gwinnett County Transit. View fare information for all transit services in the area. You can pay cash to ride the bus — but drivers cannot make change so stock up on dollar bills.