The Atlanta March for Social Justice and Women is scheduled for Saturday, January 21, 2017 at the National Center for Civil and Human Rights near the Civic Center MARTA station. Starting at 1 p.m., participants will walk from the Center to the Georgia Capitol.
- Take a red or gold line train to the Civic Center MARTA station.
- Leave the station via any exit and walk toward the downtown skyline once at street level.
- Turn right at the first stoplight on Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd and walk about two blocks.
Total walking time is about eight minutes. If you need to transfer to the red or gold line, do so at the Five Points MARTA station and board the first northbound train to the Civic Center station.
- Train frequency is every 20 minutes on the weekend. Use the MARTA on the Go app for Android and iPhones for real-time train schedules.
- Lindbergh Center MARTA station is a good place to park and ride if you are commuting from Buckhead or North Atlanta. View all free daily parking options.
- For the return trip, the Georgia State MARTA station on the blue/green line is near the Capitol on Piedmont Avenue.