The Mercedes-Benz Stadium is the new stadium for the Atlanta Falcons and location of the 2019 Super Bowl. Scheduled to open in the summer of 2017, the stadium is in between two MARTA stations: Dome/Philips Arena and Vine City on the blue and green rail line.
If your starting station is on the red or gold line, or if you’re commuting from the airport, downtown, Midtown or Buckhead, travel to the Five Points MARTA station and transfer to the westbound train platform one level up. Get on the first train (marked H.E. Holmes or Bankhead) and ride less than two minutes to either Dome or Vine City.
From Dome Station
The current Georgia Dome exit at the Dome MARTA station has an exit to street level next to the new stadium (and a lower level exit that may or may not be open once the new stadium is complete). This station is also larger and provides access to Philips Arena, CNN Center, College Football Hall of Fame, Omni Hotel, Glenn Hotel, the upcoming Hard Rock Hotel and Centennial Olympic Park.
From Vine City
A smaller station, Vine City is across the street from the Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Use this station if you park and ride the train at the H.E. Holmes MARTA station near I-20 and I-285.
Park and Ride
Te best MARTA stations for parking and riding the train to the stadium include:
- H.E. Holmes (west side near interstates, no train transfer)
- Inman Park (east side, no train transfer)
- Candler Park (east side, no train transfer)
- Indian Creek (east side near interstates, no train transfer)
- Lindbergh Center (near Buckhead and Ga. 400, transfer at Five Points)
- Doraville (near I-85 and I-285, transfer at Five Points)
- North Springs (off Ga. 400, transfer at Five Points)
View all MARTA parking options for additional locations.
- After 8:30 p.m. and on weekends, trains are every 20 minutes (extra service sometimes provided during large events).
- Explore hotels near MARTA for an easy car-free commute.
- If you’re looking for a restaurant or bar, use the Dome/Philips Arena station. Most are next to Philips Arena and CNN Center has a food court.