The Yaarab Shrine Center is in Midtown Atlanta at 400 Ponce de Leon Avenue. Near the North Avenue MARTA station, the building is an event space and home to the Atlanta Roller Derby. Walk, bike or ride an e-scooter from the station or choose from two MARTA buses to reach the venue.
Train + Walking Directions
- Take a red or gold line train to the North Avenue MARTA station
- Follow signs to the North Avenue/West Peachtree Street exit (avoid the Fox Theatre exit)
- At street level, turn right on West Peachtree Street and right again at the next intersection on Ponce de Leon Avenue
- Walk straight ahead for about four blocks (see walking map). Total walking time is about 17 minutes. It is best to avoid walking alone after dark.
Train + Bike or E-Scooter Directions
You can bring your bike on MARTA trains to speed up your commute. While e-scooters might be also available in the area, sidewalk riding is not allowed, and Ponce de Leon Avenue is not a safe street for commuting via electric scooter. Consider 4th Street as a route alternative for bikes and e-scooters.
- Use the Fox Theatre exit to depart the North Avenue MARTA station
- Walk through the indoor mall and exit to 3rd Street
- Turn right on 3rd Street
- Turn left on Peachtree Street
- Turn right on 4th Street
- Turn right on Durant Place
Two MARTA buses, bus 2 and bus 102, stop next to the building. It is free to transfer to the bus from the train and the ride is very short from the North Avenue MARTA station. After walking through the fare gates at the station, turn left and go up the escalator/stairs to the bus bay.
Once on the bus, signal to exit after going through the stoplight at Durant Place (a large concrete building on a hill will be on the right). There’s also a bend in the road at that point.
You can also board bus 2 at the East Lake MARTA station or bus 102 at the Candler Park MARTA station.
For schedules and real-time bus locations on a map, use the MARTA on the Go app or look up route information online.
The best train stations for parking and riding are:
- Lindbergh Center (near Buckhead on north side of city)
- Edgewood/Candler Park (board bus 102 at the station)
- East Lake (board bus 2 at the station)
View additional free daily parking locations.
Last updated January 2020