Northwest of downtown Atlanta, Vinings is a semi-suburban neighborhood in Cobb County near the Chattahoochee River. The neighborhood is not near a MARTA train station, but there is one MARTA bus route that stops nearby. Explore the different transit options below to plan your trip.
MARTA Train + Uber/Lyft
For the quickest commute, connect with Uber or Lyft at the Arts Center MARTA station on the red and gold lines, which is approximately 8 miles away from Vinings.
Bus 12 departs from the Midtown MARTA station travels on Northside Parkway in Vinings and stops at Cumberland Mall, which is at the edge of the neighborhood. There are multiple bus stops to choose from. Use Google Maps with the transit option to get MARTA bus stop recommendations based on your final destination. As a perk, the bus also stops by a Chattahooche River Recreation Area Paces Mill Unit and Mountain to River Trail. You can load a bike on to the front of a MARTA bus if you want to explore these amenities.
Cobb County operates express buses from the Arts Center MARTA station to Cumberland Mall, with a commute time of about 20 minutes as another option. Look for Route 10 or Rapid 10 (view CobbLinc schedules and routes). The transfer from MARTA rail to CCT bus should be free, but if you’re starting in Cobb County, you’ll have to pay the CobbLinc fare with cash or add Cobblinc passes or trips to your Breeze Card. Once back at the Arts Center MARTA station, you’ll be able to transfer for free to a train.
If you are considering moving to Vinings, here are things to know about the lifestyle:
- A car is very helpful to have.
- SunTrust Park and The Battery provide access to Braves baseball games and nightlife options.
- Without traffic, it is a quick commute into the city via I-75, for jobs downtown or consider an express bus commute. It is harder to commute to jobs east and north of Vinings.
- If you want to park and take MARTA to the airport, use the Dunwoody or Lindbergh Center stations or take Uber/Lyft to the Arts Center MARTA station if you don’t want to take Uber all the way to the airport. If traffic is heavy, it may be quicker and easier to get a connection to the train.
- The Vinings Palisades Apartments, Walton Riverwood Apartments, Vinings Lofts and Apartments, Bell Vinings Apartments and Essex House Townhomes are in walking distance of MARTA bus stops if you want the option to take the bus to a job in Midtown Atlanta or at Georgia Tech. Express buses to Atlanta also depart from the nearby Cumberland Mall.
Last updated April 2020