The Atlanta BeltLine’s Westside Trail is now open near Washington Park and in West End. A part of a popular rails-to-trails (with room for transit) project, the finished trail will be 22 miles in length and connect with the existing Eastside Trail. Choose from the following commute options to the Westside segment:
Ashby MARTA Station
- Take a blue or green line train to the Ashby MARTA station.
- Exit via Lena Street and walk straight ahead (west) on Lena Street to reach the trail.
Walking time is about 10 minutes or bring your bike with you on the train.
West End MARTA Station
- Take a red or gold line train to the West End MARTA station.
- Exit on to Lee Street, the road next to the station
- Walk or bike down Oglethorpe Avenue at the stoplight to reach the completed portion of the trail (about 20 minutes on foot and 9 via bike)
Relay Bikes are available to rent next to the station at Lee and York Avenue if you want to ride over to the trail and explore instead of walk.
Bankhead MARTA Station
A future segment of the trail will also run through Maddox Park, which is directly across the street from the Bankhead MARTA station on the green line.