The Atlanta BeltLine is a popular rails to trails (with room for transit) project. The finished trail will be 22 miles in length and form a loop around Atlanta’s intown neighborhoods.
Parts of the trail are often identified by compass location. The Eastside Trail is the only section that is currently complete. However, the Westside Trail is under construction and is a mix of paved and dirt trails through wooded areas and neighborhoods near Washington Park and West End. Here are the options for connecting with this trail on MARTA:
Ashby MARTA Station
Take the Lena Street exit out of the station and continue walking straight ahead (west) on Lena Street to reach the trail, which is marked by cement posts painted as crayons. Walking time is about 10 minutes.
West End MARTA Station
Take the South Parking Lot exit out of the station and turn left on Lee Street and walk just over 10 minutes to reach the BeltLine and the BeltLine Bike Shop.
Bankhead MARTA Station
The BeltLine runs through Maddox Park, which is directly across the street from the station.
- Bus 3 crosses over both the Eastside and Westline trails. For quickest access to the Westside Trail, connect with the bus at the Five Points or H.E. Holmes MARTA stations. Weekdays the bus also stops at the Candler Park station.
- Departing from the Five Points and West Lake station, bus 13 connects with the BeltLine on Westview Drive.
- In between the West Lake and West End stations, bus 67 crosses the Westside trail on Lucile Avenue.
- Bus 68, which departs from the Ashby MARTA station and near the West End station, crosses over the BeltLine where Lawton Street intersects with White Street and Donnelly Avenue near Brown Middle School.
- Bus 71 crosses over the BeltLine near Gordon White Park and a Kroger on Ralph D. Abernathy Blvd. Connect with the bus at the West End MARTA station.