The Lakewood/Ft. McPherson MARTA station is on the red and gold lines at 2020 Lee Street SW. South of downtown Atlanta, the station is next to the Ft. McPherson (no longer used by the military, but not open to the public) and residential areas. The station is most known for bus service to the Lakewood Amphitheatre and is often used as a park and ride location due to the large parking lots.
Train service starts around 5 a.m. on weekdays and 6 a.m. on weekends. As of March 30, 2020, train frequency is every 20 minutes until further notice. Use the MARTA on the Go app or marta.io for real-time train arrivals or view temporary train schedules.
8 minutes to Five Points
9 minutes to the Airport
15 minutes to Midtown
24 minutes to Buckhead
31 minutes to Dunwoody
There are over 1,000 free parking spots for daily use (no overnight parking).
- Tyler Perry Studios
- Sylvan Hills Neighborhood
- Columbia at Sylvan Hills Apartments
- Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood
Buses that leave the station go to Cellairis Amphitheatre at Lakewood, the Barge Road Park and Ride, Greenbriar Mall and other destinations. There’s also bus service to the International Airport Terminal (about 15 minutes).
- 42 Pryor Road (with service to amphitheater)
- 178 Empire Blvd / Southside Ind Park
- 183 Barge Road P&R / Lakewood
- 191 Riverdale / ATL Intl Terminal
- 194 Conley Road / Mt Zion
- 295 Metropolitan Campus Express
Last updated January 2019