The Georgia State MARTA Station is an elevated station at 170 Piedmont Avenue SE on the blue and green rail line. It is directly connected to the Sloppy Floyd State Building on the eastbound train platform, next to a Waffle House and near Grady Hospital, Georgia State University and the Georgia Capitol.
Connect with a blue or green line train to reach the Georgia State MARTA station. If you are traveling from the red or gold line, travel to the Five Points MARTA station and follow the signs to the eastbound train platform and board the first train that arrives and ride one stop.
Train service starts around 5 a.m. on weekdays and 6 a.m. on weekends. As of March 30, 2020, train frequency is every 20 minutes until further notice. Use the MARTA on the Go app or marta.io for real-time train arrivals or view temporary train schedules.
1 minute to Five Points
5 minutes to Inman Park
13 minutes to Decatur
17-37 minutes to the Airport
22 minutes to Indian Creek
There is no parking at this station.
- Grady Hospital
- Atlanta Streetcar
- Sweet Auburn Curb Market
- John Lewis Mural
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Hugh’s Spalding
- Georgia State Capitol
- Georgia State Stadium
- Atlanta City Hall
- Georgia State University
- Underground Atlanta
- The Masquerade
- Georgia Railroad Freight Depot
- 107 Glenwood (with stops at Glenwood Park, the BeltLine and East Atlanta Village)
- 813 Atlanta Student Movement Boulevard (with stops near Spelman, Morehouse and Clark Atlanta University)
- 899 Old Fourth Ward (with stops at MLK Jr. Historic Site, Jackson Street Bridge, Old Fourth Ward Park and Ponce City Market)
Last updated April 2020