The Airport MARTA Station is at the end of the red and gold line, conveniently inside Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson Airport Domestic Terminal (view Atlanta airport main concourse map). Although the area surrounding the station is not walkable, there are several ground transportation options including hotel shuttles and the free SkyTrain to the rental car center and two hotels: Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway and SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway.
Note: If your flight departs from the international terminal building, use the free shuttle outside the MARTA station in the ground transportation area.
Things to Know
- The station is at the end of baggage claim in both the north and south terminals
- All departing trains go to downtown Atlanta (about 16 minutes commute time) and to Midtown and Buckhead
- If you are traveling to the Buckhead, Medical Center, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs or North Springs MARTA stations, board a “North Springs” train up until 8:30 p.m. After 8:30 p.m., get on the first available train and transfer to the red line at the Lindbergh Center MARTA station
Use the MARTA on the Go app for real-time train arrivals and station schedules or plan your trip with Google Maps to get rail information. Trains are frequent except on weekends and at night, so it’s best to just go to the station and get on the first departing train.
16 minutes to Five Points
17 minutes to Peachtree Center
20 minutes to Midtown
26 minutes to Lindbergh Center
30 minutes to Lenox and Buckhead
41 minutes to Doraville
43 minutes to North Springs
There is no parking or direct passenger pick up/drop off at the station, but long-term parking options are available at several MARTA stations.
No MARTA buses depart this station, but there is a Greyhound FlightLink Station on the lower level of Terminal North. Use the down escalator in the North Baggage Claim area.
- Hotels Near MARTA
- Tips for Riding MARTA to/from the Airport
- 3 Tips for Choosing a Hotel Near MARTA
- Top 10 Hotels in Downtown Atlanta Near MARTA