The Brookhaven Beer Fest is a yearly event in June, conveniently located next to the Brookhaven MARTA station. Tickets are required and the admission price includes unlimited beer tastings. Food and live music are also part of the festivities.
There are several options for getting to the festival on MARTA:
Take a gold line train to the Brookhaven station. If you are coming from the airport, downtown or midtown, look for a “Doraville” train. If you are traveling from east or west of the city on the blue or green rail line, travel to the Five Points station and follow the signs to the Northbound train platform and wait for a Doraville train there. Or if you are starting from the north red line, such as North Springs, Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Medical Center or Buckhead, take a southbound train to the Lindbergh Center station and wait for a Doraville train at that location.
When you arrive at the Brookhaven station, take the “to street” exit out of the station and turn left to follow the signs pointing to long-term parking. Walk down the stairs and through the tunnel that leads to the large parking lot. Apple Valley Road, where the event takes place, is straight ahead.
For those interested in taking a bus, or who might live off a bus route that goes to the area, three buses connect with the Brookhaven station:
- 8 North Druid Hills Rd. (Connects with the Avondale station via North Druid Hills and Toco Hills)
- 25 Peachtree Industrial Blvd (Connects with the Lenox and Doraville station via Peachtree Road and Peachtree Industrial)
- 47 I-85 Access Rd./Briarwood Rd. (Connects with the Chamblee station via Shallowford Road and I-85 Access Road)
- Fare is $2.50 each way. Buses accept cash (exact change). Otherwise, load up a Breeze Card with your roundtrip fare at the start of the day.
- A Waffle House is next to the station if you need to sober up after the event, and across the street you’ll find Mellow Mushroom, Hudson Grille and Pub 71.