The Georgia Railroad Freight Depot is the oldest building in downtown Atlanta at 65 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. Built in 1869 not long after the Civil War, the freight depot is currently used for a variety events including the Atlanta Hip Hop Festival, The Pancakes & Booze Art Show and Uncorked & Untapped and is conveniently near two MARTA stations: Five Points and Georgia State.
Five Points Directions
- Take any train to Five Points
- Follow the signs pointing to street level and the Peachtree Street exit.
- Immediately turn right after exiting the fare gate to reach doors marked Underground Atlanta.
- Go down the stairs and walk the length of the corridor on Lower Alabama Street. The freight depot is about a block away — walk straight ahead and exit through the exterior doors. You can also use Upper Alabama Street for an outdoor walk.
Georgia State Directions
- Take a blue or green line train to the Georgia State MARTA station.
- Follow signs at street level to the Piedmont Avenue exit and turn left on Piedmont.
- Walk one block to Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. and turn right. The depot is about a half block down on the right in the rear of the Steve Polk Plaza.