The Martin Luther King Jr. March and Rally takes place annually on Martin Luther King Jr. Day in downtown Atlanta. Open to all, the march assembles above the Peachtree Center MARTA Station at Peachtree and Baker Streets at 1:15 p.m. and travels down Auburn Avenue to the King Center around 1:45 p.m.
Note that MARTA will operate on Saturday schedule on MLK Day with rail service starting at 4:45 a.m.
- Take a red or gold line train to the Peachtree Center MARTA Station
- Use any exit to leave the station — the John Portman Blvd exit is closer to the march lineup area
If your starting station is on the blue or green line, transfer at the Five Points MARTA station to the first northbound train or walk from Five Points. Exit the station via Peachtree Street, turn left, and walk about four blocks.
- See MARTA directions to the Martin Luther King Jr. Historic Site if you plan to just attend the rally and not march.
- The Atlanta Streetcar is a good way to get to and from the MLK Jr. Historic Site at the start or end of your trip. Fare can now be purchased via a mobile app (ATL Streetcar for Android and iOS) or buy the $1 fare in vending machines at streetcar stops.
- It is free to park in MARTA daily lots around the city. View MARTA parking options to plan your trip.