The Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl takes place in the Mercedes-Benz Stadium next to the Vine City and GWCC/CNN MARTA stations on the blue and green rail lines (view rail map). The stadium is a short walk from both stations, and is also near the College Football Hall of Fame and a few sports bars including Stats, Dantanna’s and Hudson Grille.
Vine City Station Directions
Use this station if you are traveling east on the train from stations including Hamilton E. Holmes (which has free daily parking). Vine City is a small station, but is directly across the street from the stadium and has a pedestrian bridge. However, you won’t be able to walk to any bars, restaurants or area museums or attractions from Vine City. Note that all trains departing H.E. Holmes and Bankhead stop at Vine City.
GWCC/CNN Station Directions
Use this station if your starting station is on the red or gold line, or if you are traveling westbound on the train from stations including Indian Creek, Decatur and Inman Park. This station also provides access to bars and restaurants in case you want to eat or drink before the football game. It is typically crowded during large events, so if you prefer less crowds, use the Vine City station instead. Otherwise, follow the directions below:
- Take a blue or green line train to the GWCC/CNN MARTA station. If you are commuting from the red or gold rail line, travel to the Five Points MARTA station and follow the signs to the westbound train platform. Get on the first train that arrives and ride one stop.
- After exiting the train, look for signs pointing to State Farm Arena or the Mercedes-Benz Stadium to exit the station.
- At street level, turn left and follow the sidewalk to the stadium entrance.
- Use the MARTA on the Go App for real-time train arrivals. Trains are every 20 minutes on Saturdays. Extra trains will start operating two hours before the start of the game, so the trains will be more frequent at that time.
- Free park and ride lots are available at many rail stations around the city. The best places to park that don’t require a train transfer is at the H.E. Holmes MARTA station (near I-285 West) or the Inman Park and Edgewood/Candler Park MARTA stations on the east side of Atlanta.
View available Peach Bowl tickets
Last updated December 2019