The annual Atlanta Santa Pub Crawl takes place in Midtown Atlanta around the Crescent Avenue bars and clubs. Not only is it a Toys for Tots donation drive, it also rivals Halloween with the creative costumes than include much more than Santa and reindeer.
The evening begins at Front Page News for wrist bands and toy drop-off. The restaurant is very convenient to MARTA, near both the Midtown MARTA station and the Arts Center MARTA station on the red/gold rail line.
The Midtown station is slightly closer to the action. Take the main exit out off the train platform and walk out of the station via 10th Street. Use the sidewalk in front of the station to cross over 10th Street. You’ll end up in a small plaza near the Federal Reserve building. Walk straight ahead and turn right at the first street (11th), then turn left on Crescent Avenue near Ra Sushi and walk slightly less than a block to reach Front Page News.
From Arts Center
Take the West Peachtree Street exit out of the station and turn left on West Peachtree Street. Walk to 14th Street and turn left again then make a right on Crescent Avenue.
Several bus routes feed in to the Midtown station if you live along or near these streets:
- 10th Street by Georgia Tech or off Howell Mill (bus 12)
- Piedmont Road near Ansley Mall or Cheshire Bridge Road (bus 27)
- 10th Street by Piedmont Park or Monroe Drive south of the park (bus 109)
- Virginia Avenue, N. Highland Avenue north of Virginia Avenue and Emory University along North Decatur Road (bus 36).
- MARTA trains stop running at 1 a.m., so plan for another way home if you are out late. Use promo code MARTAGuide for $20 your first ride with Uber.