The Atlanta Half Marathon and 5K are two of the largest races in the United States on Thanksgiving Day. All races start and end near the Georgia State Stadium (formerly Turner Field), which is closest to the Georgia State MARTA station on the blue and green rail line.
Things to Know
- Train service will begin at 4:45 a.m. with trains approximately every 20 minutes.
- Download the MARTA on the Go app for real-time train arrivals or view the next train arrivals online.
- It is a 25-minute walk to the start of the race from the Georgia State MARTA station.
- Take a blue or green line train to the Georgia State MARTA station. If your starting station is on the red or gold line, travel to the Five Points MARTA station and transfer to the first eastbound train, one level up.
- Look for the Piedmont Avenue exit once at street level.
- Turn left on Piedmont Avenue and walk about 25 minutes.
The closest free MARTA parking to the start of the race is at the King Memorial MARTA station. You can also park on the south side of the Inman Park station near the Edgewood Retail District or the Edgewood/Candler Park station for a short commute. If you park at any of these stations, board the first westbound train to reach Georgia State.
Last updated November 2018