The Atlanta Half Marathon and 5K are two of the largest races in the United States on Thanksgiving Day. All races start and end near the Georgia State Stadium (formerly Turner Field), which is closest to the Georgia State MARTA station on the blue and green rail line.
- Take a blue or green line train to the Georgia State MARTA station. If you are commuting from the red or gold line, travel to the Five Points MARTA station and transfer to the first eastbound train, one level up.
- Look for the Piedmont Avenue exit once at street level.
- Turn left on Piedmont Avenue and walk about 25 minutes.
The closest free MARTA parking to the start of the race is at the Inman Park MARTA station followed by Candler Park. If you park at either station, board the first westbound train to reach Georgia State.
Things to Know
- Train service will begin at 5 a.m. with trains approximately every 20 minutes.
- Download the MARTA on the Go app for real-time train arrivals or view the countdown to the next train arrivals online.
- It is a 25-minute walk to the start of the race from the nearest MARTA station.
- If you’re taking Uber part of the way and are a new rider, use promo code MARTAGuide to get $20 off.