Trader Joe’s is a grocery store that specializes in affordable and healthy foods. There are two stores in walking distance of train stations in Atlanta, and the Midtown location is also next to the Eastside BeltLine Trail, providing commute alternatives to avoid crowded parking lots.
- Take a red or gold line train to the Midtown Station
- Exit the train platform via the central stairway/escalators/elevators (not Federal Reserve exit)
- Turn right on 10th Street
- Turn right on Monroe Drive
- Turn left into the Midtown Promenade shopping center
Total walking time is about 25 minutes.
You can speed up your commute by renting an e-scooter or Relay Bike near the station. You can also transfer to bus bus 36 at the Midtown MARTA station. Bus 36 also travels through Virginia-Highland and on the Emory University campus. It is free to ride the bus when transferring from a train. The new bus 809, which departs from the Lindbergh Center and King Memorial stations, also stops next to this Trader Joe’s location.
- Take a red line train to the Buckhead Station
- Take the Peachtree Road exit out of the station.
- Go up the first set of stairs or first elevator to street level.
- Wait at street level for bus 110, or turn right and walk about 15 minutes to reach the store.
Note that bus 110 travels on Peachtree Road from Buckhead to the Arts Center MARTA stations.
Last updated January 2020