The Kirkwood Spring Fling and Tour of Homes is one of Atlanta’s many spring festivals. Just south of the East Lake MARTA station on the blue line, the event has a 5K, artist market, children’s area, beer and food to enjoy.
Things to Know
- Walking time is about 20 minutes, or bring a bike with you on the train
- Bus 24 also stops near the festival
- Trains are every 20 minutes on the weekend
The festival is Bessie Branham Park at 2051 Delano Drive.
- Take a blue line train to East Lake
- Follow signs to the College Avenue/South Parking exit to leave the station
- At street level, head west (toward downtown Atlanta and away from the water tower) on College Avenue (the street under the station)
- Turn left on Norwood Avenue (see walking map).
MARTA Bus Directions
You can also take bus 24 from the Candler Park Station. Signal to exit the bus after passing downtown Kirkwood and the gas station. From the bus stop, walk toward the large brick church and cross the street at the crosswalk to reach Norwood Drive. Walk about two blocks to reach the park (view map).