The Candler Park Fall Fest takes place every fall in late September in Candler Park (585 Candler Park Drive NE). A short walk from Candler Park MARTA station, the festival includes a 5K, music/entertainment and an artist market.
The Edgewood/Candler Park station is on the blue and green rail line that runs east and west through the city. If your starting station is on the red or gold line, transfer at Five Points to the eastbound platform and get on a train labeled “Indian Creek.”
- After exiting the fare gate at the Candler Park station, follow the exit marked North Parking.
- At street level walk east (away from the stoplight) on Dekalb Avenue
- Turn left on Mell Avenue. This street dead ends at the park. Total walking time is about 8 minutes.
As an alternate, you can also walk to the stoplight near the MARTA station and turn right on Oakdale Road then right again on McLendon Avenue.
- Relay Bikes are available for rent next to the Candler Park station if you’d rather bike than walk. Note that you will have to use the South Parking exit out of the station to reach the bike racks on La France Street. You can then take the bikes back over the MARTA walkway above the tracks or bike down Oakdale Road.
- Weekend trains are every 20 minutes. Use the MARTA on the Go app for real-time arrivals.
- The PATH bike trail travels next to the park as another transit option.
- If you are commuting from Midtown, Poncey Highland or Little 5 Points, board bus 102 at the North Avenue MARTA station or along Ponce de Leon, N. Highland or Moreland Avenue to get to the Candler Park station.