The Publix Georgia Marathon, Half Marathon & 5K takes place every year in March, with a start and end location in Centennial Olympic Park near the GWCC MARTA station and Peachtree Center MARTA station. The race course (view 2019 map) goes through intown neighborhoods, including Inman Park, Virginia Highland, Decatur, Midtown and Druid Hills.
Things to Know
- Train service special start time of 5 a.m. on race day
- Pick up your race number at Atlantic Station before the race between Ann Taylor Loft & Francesca’s (view MARTA directions)
- Lindbergh Center MARTA station is a good place to park if you are commuting from north of the city, or use Inman Park or Candler Park on the east side or H.E. Holmes near I-20/I-285 West.
From the Red or Gold Line
- Take a red or gold line train to the Peachtree Center station and follow the signs pointing to John Portman Blvd from the train platform.
- After exiting the fare gate, follow the signs to the Peachtree Street West escalator
- At street level, turn right on Peachtree Street and right again at the first light on Andrew Young International Blvd. and walk about two blocks.
From the Blue or Green Line
- Take a blue or green train to the GWCC MARTA station, which is one stop away from Five Points.
- Follow the signs pointing to State Farm Arena to exit the station.
- After going up the tall escalator, turn right, walk up the stairs and continue down the street to reach the park (State Farm Arena will be on the left).