The WellStar Atlanta Medical Center is a 20-minute walk from the Civic Center Station on the red and gold lines, and three bus routes will also take you there: 809, 816 and 899. You’ll find many doctors and services here, including for birth, mental health, heart health, stroke and surgery. There’s also a 24-hour emergency center and pharmacy.
- Take a red or gold rail train to the Civic Center MARTA station
- Go to street level and walk south toward the downtown skyscrapers
- Turn left at the stoplight on to Ralph McGrill Blvd. (also marked as Ivan Allen Jr. on one side of the street)
- Walk about 20 minutes
- 809: Get on the bus at the King Memorial MARTA station for the shortest ride, or along Boulevard, Monroe Drive or at the Lindbergh Center station
- 816: This bus travels between Five Points and Lenox MARTA stations, including through Virginia Highland via Highland Avenue and Freedom Parkway. If connecting with the bus in downtown Atlanta, we like using the bus stop on Peachtree Center Avenue near the Peachtree Center MARTA station over Five Points.
- 899: Bus 899 stops at the King Memorial, Georgia State and North Avenue MARTA stations with service on North Avenue, Glen Iris Dr. near Ponce City Market and Jackson Street.
Note that bus routes change periodically. Use Google Maps to get MARTA directions from your starting location for the most recent bus options.
Last updated September 2022