Home to Station Soccer, the Five Points MARTA station is in downtown Atlanta at 30 Alabama Street. It is a major bus hub and trains on all rail lines stop at the station. Inside the station is a RideStore and MARTA’s Lost and Found office. At street level, government buildings, office buildings, Woodruff Park and Georgia State University are popular nearby destinations. You can also walk to the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in about 10 minutes via the Forsyth Street exit.
Fun Fact: The facade of the Eiseman Building (pictured above) is on display in the station. It was torn down during MARTA construction.
16 minutes to the Airport
9 minutes to H.E. Holmes
11 minutes to Bankhead
20 minutes to Indian Creek
24 minutes to Doraville
27 minutes to North Springs
The Five Points station is the busiest in the system and has the most reported crimes, although that number is still low at about 40 or less reported crimes per year (source: MARTA Crime Stats). Outside the station, the immediate area has high crime reports (especially south of the station). However, streets are much safer once on the Georgia State University campus and as you approach Centennial Olympic Park. The below crime map is from Trulia and represents data collected over a year.
The Five Points MARTA station is a major bus hub with service to destinations around the city. Look for signage outside the station to find the pick up/drop off spot for the following bus routes:
- 3 Martin Luther King Jr Dr/Auburn Ave
- 21 Memorial Drive (with stops at Oakland Cemetery, Cabbagetown and Kirkwood)
- 26 Marietta Street / Perry Boulevard (with stops at Centennial Olympic Park, Georgia Tech and King Plow Arts Center)
- 40 Peachtree Street / Downtown (with stops at Peachtree Center, Emory Hospital Midtown and Fox Theatre)
- 42 Pryor Road (with a stop at the Cellairis Amphitheatre at Lakewood)
- 49 McDonough Boulevard (with stop at the Georgia State Stadium)
- 55Jonesboro Road (with stop at the Georgia State Stadium)
- 186 Rainbow Drive / South DeKalb (with stop at the South Dekalb Mall)
- 813 Atlanta Student Movement Boulevard (with stops near Morehouse, Spelman and Clark Atlanta University)
- 816 North Highland Avenue (with stops at the Atlanta Medical Center, Jimmy Carter Library and Museum, Inman Park, Poncey Highland, Virginia Highland, Morningside and Emory University)
Tip: Use the Forsyth Street exit to reach GRTA Xpress buses to the suburbs.
There is no parking at this station and passenger pick-up or drop-off is not easy.
Fairlie-Poplar Historic District
Georgia State University
Atlanta City Hall
Georgia Railroad Freight Depot
Fairfield Inn & Suites
Richard B. Russell Building
Fulton County Government Center
State Court of Fulton County
Catholic Shrine of Immaculate Conception