The Atlanta Jazz Festival takes place on the Saturday and Sunday of Memorial Day weekend near the Midtown and Arts Center MARTA stations. The event features multiple music stages, food and an artist market in Piedmont Park. Parking is very limited, so riding MARTA or another choosing another car-free commute option is encouraged.
Things to Know
- Walking time is 15-20 minutes to the edge of the park
- Extra train service on Saturday for 2018. Otherwise, trains will operate every 20 minutes on Sunday
- The closest MARTA station with parking is Lindbergh Center. Take and keep your parking ticket with you and validate it at one of the yellow machines inside the Lindbergh Center station on your return trip.
Arts Center Station
Take any red or gold line train to the Arts Center MARTA station and follow the signs to West Peachtree Street to exit the station. Turn left on West Peachtree and left again on 14th Street. The park is about three blocks down the street.
Take a red or gold line train to the Midtown MARTA station and turn right on 10th Street from the main station exit (or left on 10th Street from the Federal Reserve exit). Walking time is about 12 minutes to the edge of the park.
The Atlanta Beltline Eastside Trail connects with Piedmont Park, great for those who live nearby. Get on the trail next to Inman Park, Old Fourth Ward Park, Virginia Highland near Ponce de Leon Place and behind the Publix at Ansley Mall. You can also walk or bike to the trail from the Inman Park MARTA station, though the walk is far and better to have a bike. (Relay Bikes are available to rent at the station)
Three bus routes will also be available at the Midtown station for those who don’t want to walk the approximate 15 minutes to the festival. It is free to ride the bus if you are transferring from the train. Just tap your Breeze Card to exit the train station and when you board the bus. Exit at any point along the park. A major entrance is at the first stoplight after the park appears on the left (bus 36 and 99).
- Bus 36 travels on 10th Street next to the park
- Bus 109 travels on 10th Street next to the park
- Bus 27 travels on Piedmont Avenue and stops at the 14th Street entrance to the park and also connects to the Lindbergh Center MARTA station via Cheshire Bridge Road