The Dogwood Festival takes place in Piedmont Park near the Midtown and Arts Center MARTA stations. Enjoy a large artist market, live music, disc dog competition and children’s area at this historic event — the first festival took place in 1936 after a city-wide planting of Dogwood trees.
Note that there are no festival shuttles in 2021. See below for MARTA, walking and bike directions. Reminder, no dogs, smoking, coolers, umbrellas, and outside food and drink.
Arts Center Station Directions
Exit at the Arts Center for the easiest walk to the festival’s artist market. Walking time is about 15 minutes:
- Follow the signs to the West Peachtree Street exit
- Turn left on West Peachtree Street
- At 14th Street turn left and walk about three blocks to reach the park
Midtown Station Directions
It’s a 20-minute walk from the Midtown MARTA station to the festival’s bounce houses and the Disc Dog tournament — both are in Piedmont Park’s meadow. You will reach the edge of the park in 10 minutes, but it requires more walking to reach festival activities.
From the Midtown MARTA station main exit, turn right on 10th Street to reach the park (or turn left on 10th Street from the Federal Reserve exit) and walk about four blocks.
The Beltline Eastside Trail connects with Piedmont Park, and is accessible via Ansley Mall behind Publix, at the end of Virginia Avenue and Greenwood Avenue in the Virginia-Highland neighborhood, Ponce City Market, Old Fourth Ward Park and Inman Park via Elizabeth Street, Irwin Street and Edgewood Avenue if you live nearby or want to park and bike or walk the trail.
Tip: It’s about a 30-minute walk from the Elizabeth Street BeltLine entrance to the edge of the park and 20 minutes from the Ansley Mall access point. If you’re biking, bike valet is available at 10th and Charles Allen.
Several buses travel to the festival if you don’t want to walk. It is free to ride the bus if you are transferring from the train or connect with the bus in your neighborhood if you live along the route. You can pay exact cash to ride the bus ($2.50 each way per adult), or use a Breeze Card. Choose from:
- Bus 36 (Midtown Station, Decatur Station, 10th Street (exit on this street for the festival), Virginia Avenue, N. Highland Avenue, N. Decatur Road, Church Street)
- Bus 27 (Arts Center, Lenox Station, Piedmont Avenue, Cheshire Bridge Road, Lenox Road — exit on Piedmont Avenue near 14th Street)
- Bus 809 (Lindbergh Center, King Memorial Station, Monroe Drive — exit at Monroe and either 10th Street or Park Avenue)
- 5 Tips for Taking MARTA to the Dogwood Festival
- 5 Tips for New MARTA Riders
- Breeze Cards 101
- MARTA Parking
- MARTA Map
Last updated July 2021