The Decatur MARTA station is in downtown Decatur at 400 Church Street. On the blue line, the station is one of the safest and most walkable in the rail system, with many restaurants, bars, unique shops, housing and things to do in walking distance.
Things to Know
- All blue line trains stop in Decatur, and commute time to and from downtown Atlanta is just 13 minutes.
- The area around the Decatur station is a great for running errands. Walk to CVS, UPS Store, a small Kroger, neighborhood food markets, library, rec center, banks, fitness classes, hair salons and more.
- Looking for a place to live? Choose from a variety of apartments, townhomes, condos and single-family houses in walking distance of the station.
- Work or go to school at Emory? A MARTA bus and shuttle both depart from the station and go to campus.
- There are two nearby hotels, which are a great option if you don’t want to stay in downtown Atlanta, but need an easy commute to downtown businesses, the Georgia World Congress Center, sporting events, concerts or festivals.
Best Things to See and Do
Here are our recommendations of places and events to check out in walking distance of the Decatur MARTA station:
- Festivals and Outdoor Concerts
- Brick Store Pub (tons of beer and good food)
- Iberian Pig (top-rated tapas restaurant)
- Kimball House (cocktails and fine dining in old train depot)
- S.O.S. Tiki Bar
- Victory Sandwich Bar (hip bar with ping pong)
- Twain’s Brewpub and Billiards (indoor games and made-in-house beers)
- Eddie’s Attic (acoustic music venue where big names have played)
- Decatur Cemetery (historic and park-like)
- Greene’s Fine Foods (great fudge and fun/unique gifts)
- Dekalb History Center Museum
- The PATH Stone Mountain Trail
- Agnes Scott College (walk around the beautiful campus or attend a public event)
Weekday rail service starts around 5 a.m. and after 6 a.m. on weekends. Trains are most frequent on weekdays between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m. Plan your trip with Google Maps to get additional rail information.
13 minutes to Five Points
29-49 minutes to the Airport
- 15 Candler Road
- 19 Clairmont Road
- 36 N Decatur Road / Virginia Highland
- 123 Church Street / North DeKalb Mall
- 823 Belvedere
Agnes Scott College
Dekalb County Library
Courtyard Marriott Downtown Decatur
Hampton Inn & Suites Decatur
The PATH Stone Mountain Trail