The Hamilton E. Holmes Station (or H.E. Holmes) is at the end of the blue line at 70 Hamiliton E. Holmes Drive near I-20 and I-285 West. It was originally called the Hightower Station, but was changed in honor of civil-rights hero Hamilton E. Holmes. Today there are a few fast food restaurants and apartment buildings near the station, or use the large parking lots to park and ride the train to downtown Atlanta.
To get to the H.E. Holmes station, board a westbound, blue line train marked “H.E. Holmes.” If you are commuting from the red or gold line, exit at the Five Points station and follow the signs to the westbound platform.
9 minutes to Five Points
25-45 minutes to the Airport
- 3 Martin Luther King Jr Dr/Auburn Ave
- 51 Joseph E Boone Boulevard
- 60 Hightower Road
- 66 Lynhurst Drive / Princeton Lakes
- 68 Benjamin E Mays Drive
- 73 Fulton Industrial
- 153 James Jackson Parkway
- 165 Fairburn Road
- 201 Six Flags Over Georgia
- 850 Carroll Heights / Fairburn Heights
- 856 Baker Hills / Wilson Mill Meadows
- 865 Boulder Park Drive
- 867 Peyton Forest / Dixie Hills
There are over 1,000 free daily parking spots. It is a convenient place to park if you are traveling to the Georgia Dome, Philips Arena, Centennial Olympic Park and the Georgia World Congress Center (less than 10 minutes away).