The Hamilton E. Holmes Station (or H.E. Holmes) is at the end of the blue line at 70 Hamiliton E. Holmes Drive near I-20 and I-285 West. It was originally called the Hightower Station, but was changed to honor civil-rights hero Hamilton E. Holmes. Today there are a few fast food restaurants and apartment buildings nearby, or use the large parking lots to park and ride the train to downtown Atlanta. This station also has connecting bus service to Six Flags Over Georgia.
To get to the H.E. Holmes station, board a westbound, blue line train marked “H.E. Holmes.” If you are commuting from the red or gold line, exit at the Five Points MARTA station and follow the signs to the westbound platform one level up.
Train service starts around 5 a.m. on weekdays and 6 a.m. on weekends. As of March 30, 2020, train frequency is every 20 minutes until further notice. Use the MARTA on the Go app or marta.io for real-time train arrivals or view temporary train schedules.
- 8 minutes to Mercedes-Benz Stadium Station
- 9 minutes to Five Points
- 25-45 minutes to the Airport
There are over 1,000 free daily parking spots. It is a convenient place to park if you are traveling to the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, State Farm Arena, Centennial Olympic Park and the Georgia World Congress Center (train ride less than 10 minutes).
- Dollar Tree
- Dollar General
- Peaks of MLK Apartments
- Dogwood Apartments
- Columbia Commons Apartments
- The Enclave at Webster Park
- 3 Martin Luther King Jr Dr/Auburn Ave
- 51 Joseph E Boone Boulevard
- 60 Hightower Road
- 66 Lynhurst Drive / Princeton Lakes
- 68 Benjamin E Mays Drive
- 73 Fulton Industrial
- 153 James Jackson Parkway
- 165 Fairburn Road
- 201 Six Flags Over Georgia
- 850 Carroll Heights / Fairburn Heights
- 856 Baker Hills / Wilson Mill Meadows
- 865 Boulder Park Drive
- 867 Peyton Forest / Dixie Hills
Last updated April 2020