Phipps Plaza is one of Atlanta’s higher-end shopping malls near the Lenox and Buckhead MARTA stations at 3500 Peachtree Road NE. Anchor stores include Nordstrom, Belk and Saks Fifth Avenue. Additionally, AMC Phipps Plaza 14 movie theater and LEGOLAND Discovery Center are inside the mall.
Things to Know
- The shortest walk is from the Buckhead MARTA station via the pedestrian bridge exit.
- There’s a lot of car traffic in the area, so use caution when crossing streets.
- If you have the choice of boarding a red or gold line train while on your commute, get on the first one that arrives, and follow the below directions accordingly.
Buckhead Station Directions
- Take a red line train to the Buckhead MARTA station.
- Exit the train platform in the north, via the pedestrian bridge and not Peachtree Road for the shortest walk.
- Follow the signs to the Stratford Road after exiting the fare gates (to the right).
- Walk to the first intersection by the Post Stratford apartments and turn left.
- Make a quick right on Alliance Center Drive.
- Cross over Lenox Road at the stoplight to reach the mall.
Walking time is under 10 minutes using the above route. You can also exit the station via Peachtree Road, using the first stairway or elevator to reach street level via the Peachtree Road exit at the south end of the platform. At street level, merely turn left on Peachtree Road and walk until you reach the mall.
Lenox Station Directions
- Take a gold line train to the Lenox MARTA station
- Follow the signs pointing ” To Mall” after exiting the train.
- At street level, walk straight out of the station on to Lenox Road.
- Turn right on Peachtree Road about two blocks away. Walking time is about 12 minutes.
An alternate walking route from Lenox is take the non-mall exit off the train platform and walk up Oak Valley Road (see walking map). This route is a little more direct and has less car traffic.