Atlanta’s Amtrak Station is about a 20-minute walk away from the Arts Center MARTA station on the red and gold rail lines. Amtrak’s Crescent route stops at the station and travels to cities including New Orleans, Washington D.C. and New York City.
TRAIN + Walking Directions
- Take a red or gold train to the Arts Center Station
- Follow the signs to the West Peachtree Street exit
- Turn right on West Peachtree Street
- Walk about three blocks and turn left on Peachtree Street
- Walk another block to reach the station, which is on the left side of the street (see walking map).
Bus 110 stops at the Amtrak station and travels to and from the Arts Center, Buckhead and Brookhaven MARTA stations. Sadly, the bus stop was removed in front of the Amtrak station, but you can still exit the bus across the street from the station. You’ll need to board the bus at the Arts Center MARTA station and signal to exit the bus when the bus starts driving over the interstate (look for the large white archways along the side of the road).
For real-time bus locations and schedules, use the MARTA on the Go app or look up schedules online.
If you are arriving at the Amtrak station, the bus stop across the street from the station will connect you with a bus that travels north into Buckhead with access to the Buckhead Station (red line) and Brookhaven Station (gold line). If you are traveling to Midtown or downtown Atlanta, turn right or left in front of the station (stay on the same side of the street as the station) and walk three minutes to the nearest bus stop. Uber and Lyft are also great options.
You can also walk to the Arts Center Station for train access. Turn right on Peachtree Street from Amtrak, then veer right on West Peachtree Street when the road splits. The station entrance is on West Peachtree Street about three blocks away.
- You can pay cash to ride the bus (though it is free to ride as of July 2020 to assist with physical-distancing). A one-way fare is $2.50, but does not include a transfer to the train and you need to have exact change. You can purchase a Breeze Card online in advance to save money and receive a free rail transfer.
- If it is late in the evening or you don’t want to wait for the bus, request a car service such as taxi, Lyft or Uber.
- Americas Best Value Inn is a short walk away if you need a place to stay overnight. Turn right in front of the station and walk over the interstate bridge.
- How to Ride MARTA Buses
- How to Use Google Maps for MARTA Directions
- MARTA Train Schedules
- Georgia Transportation Options
Lasts updated July 2020