Georgia Tech is a public research university near the North Avenue MARTA station and Midtown MARTA station on the red and gold rail lines. There are several ways to commute to campus (view the campus map to help with trip planning):
North Avenue Station Directions
- Follow the signs to the North Avenue/West Peachtree Street exit and turn right on North Avenue. Walk west about five minutes (crossing over the interstate) to reach Bobby Dodd Stadium, the Cherry Street entrance to the campus and the Student Center.
- From North Avenue you can also take the Fox Theatre exit out of the station, walk through the indoor shopping mall and exit on 3rd Street. Turn left on 3rd and then a quick right on West Peachtree Street. At 5th Street, turn left to enter Tech Square at the center of campus near some of the Greek housing.
Midtown Station Directions
- From the Midtown MARTA station, take the main 10th Street exit out of the station and turn left (avoid the Federal Reserve exit). Cross over the interstate to reach the north end of campus and McCamish Pavillion.
- Board the free Tech Trolley outside the Peachtree Place station exit.
We recommend using Google Maps to plan your trip in order to see the current bus routes, as they do change occasionally. Current routes that stop on or near campus are:
- Bus 12 (departs from the Midtown MARTA station)
- Bus 26 (stops closest to the Student and Recreation Centers)
- Bus 50 (stops near the Aerospace and Space Science buildings)
- Bus 51 (stops near Bobby Dodd Stadium)
For real-time bus locations and printed schedules, use the MARTA on the Go app.