Georgia Tech is a public research university near the North Avenue MARTA station and Midtown MARTA station on the red and gold rail lines. There are several ways to commute to campus (view the campus map to help with trip planning):
- From the North Avenue station, follow the signs to the North Avenue/West Peachtree Street exit and turn right on North Avenue. Walk west about five minutes (crossing over the interstate) to reach Bobby Dodd Stadium, the Cherry Street entrance to the campus and the Student Center.
- From North Avenue you can also take the Fox Theatre exit out of the station, walk through the indoor shopping mall and exit on 3rd Street. Turn left on 3rd and then a quick right on West Peachtree Street. At 5th Street, turn left to enter Tech Square at the center of campus near some of the Greek housing.
- From the Midtown MARTA station, take the main 10th Street exit out of the station and turn left (west toward West Peachtree Street). Cross over the interstate to reach the north end of campus and McCamish Pavillion. Or board the free Tech Trolley outside the Peachtree Place station exit.
- Bus 12 departs from the Midtown Station and travels down 10th Street at the northern edge of the Tech campus
- Bus 26 departs from the North Avenue Station and travels on North Avenue with stops at Bobby Dodd Stadium and Cherry Street
- Bus 1 departs from the North Avenue Station and stops near the west side of campus at the Engineer’s Bookstore and near the recreation center
For real-time bus locations and printed schedules, use the MARTA on the Go app.