Atlanta’s Greyhound Bus Station at 232 Forsyth Street is next to the Garnett MARTA station on the red/gold rail line. In addition to Greyhound routes, Southeastern Stages also picks up and drops off passengers at the station. Look for the signs pointing to Greyhound from the MARTA station for easy access to the bus terminal.
Garnett is one stop south of Five Points, and the area is transitional, so use caution when traveling after dark and avoid letting anyone help you with your luggage. You can buy your Greyhound tickets online to save any waiting at the station. Passengers should be at the station 20 minutes before departure.
*Note, there is also a Greyhound FlightLink Station at the Atlanta airport.
If you are arriving at the Greyhound station, you can buy a MARTA Breeze card at the vending machines inside the Garnett station. MARTA can be used for a variety of other transportation and lodging options:
- If you need a rental car, head to the Peachtree Center station two stops north.
- The Megabus is located outside the Civic Center station three stops up.
- To reach the Amtrak station, take a northbound train to the Arts Center MARTA station then transfer for free to bus 110. Signal to exit the bus as it crosses over the interstate (use Google Maps for additional help)
- Most hotels in the city can be reached via a northbound train at the station
- Hartsfield-Jackson Airport is at the end of the southbound line, six stops away