Dragon Con is a popular science fiction and fantasy convention that takes place every Labor Day weekend in Atlanta. There is a costumed parade on Peachtree Street on Saturday and many other events that take place at nearby hotels, all of which are near the Peachtree Center MARTA station on the red and gold rail lines.
- Take any northbound or southbound train to the Peachtree Center station. If you are traveling from the blue or green rail line, transfer to any northbound train at the Five Points MARTA station.
- Once at Peachtree Center, all station exits will take you up to the start of the parade on Saturday morning, or use Civic Center for fewer crowds.
- The John Portman exit (not Ellis) is closer to the event hotels, including the Hyatt Regency, Westin Peachtree Plaza, Sheraton, Hilton and Marriott Marquis. Look for Peachtree Street East signs for the shortest walk after exiting the fare gate.
- If you plan to be out past 1 a.m., you’ll need to find alternate transportation. First time Uber riders can use promo code MARTAGuide to get $20 off your first ride
- There’s a CVS above the MARTA station (John Portman/Peachtree Street East exit) if you need supplies or medicine
- Stay at a hotel near MARTA for an easy car-free commute
- Use the MARTA on the Go app for real-time train arrivals and schedules