Dragon Con is a popular science fiction and fantasy convention that takes place every Labor Day weekend in Atlanta. There is a costumed parade on Peachtree Street on Saturday and many other events that take place at nearby hotels, all of which are near the Peachtree Center MARTA station on the red and gold rail lines.
- Take any red or gold line train to the Peachtree Center station (view rail line maps). If you are traveling from the blue or green rail line, transfer to any northbound train at the Five Points MARTA station.
- Once at Peachtree Center, all station exits will take you up to the start of the parade on Saturday morning.
- Otherwise, follow signs to the John Portman exit (not Ellis) after getting off the train. This will take you to the event hotels, including the Hyatt Regency, Westin Peachtree Plaza, Sheraton, Hilton and Marriott Marquis. Look for Peachtree Street East signs for the shortest walk after exiting the fare gate.
Several bus routes connect with the Five Points MARTA station, and from there you can walk a couple blocks or transfer to a northbound train to reach Dragon Con. Bus 816 is especially a good option for locals living intown. This route travels from Morningside, Virginia Highland, Poncey Highland and Old Fourth Ward to downtown. Exit at John Portman Blvd. near the hotels.
Additionally, bus 40 stops next to the Dragon Con hotels, and travels on Peachtree Street from Five Points to the Arts Center MARTA station. Note that this bus will not be operating on Peachtree Street during the parade.
Explore the downtown bus routes:
- 3 Martin Luther King Jr Dr/Auburn Ave
- 21 Memorial Drive
- 26 Marietta Street / Perry Boulevard
- 40 Peachtree Street / Downtown
- 42 Pryor Road
- 49 McDonough Boulevard
- 55 Jonesboro Road
- 186 Rainbow Drive / South DeKalb
- 813 Atlanta University Center
- 816 North Highland Avenue
- MARTA rail service ends around 1 a.m. and on Labor Day (Monday), trains and buses will be on Sunday schedules.
- Going to the parade? You can also exit at the Civic Center MARTA station and walk one block to Peachtree Street for fewer crowds.
- There’s a CVS above the MARTA station (John Portman/Peachtree Street East exit) if you need supplies or medicine
- There’s plenty of free parking at stations around the city.
- Use the MARTA on the Go app for real-time train arrivals and schedules
Last updated August 2019