The Fox Theatre is a historic Atlanta attraction and theatre at 660 Peachtree Street NE near the North Avenue MARTA station on the red and gold rail lines. The venue was built in the late 1920s as a Yaarab Temple Shrine Mosque and hosts musicals, shows, concerts and the Coca-Cola Summer Film Festival. It is also the venue for the NFL Honors awards show on Feb. 2. Don’t miss the building tours for a behind-the-scenes look.
Things to Know
- Walking time is about 5 minutes from the station.
- Baraonda is a charming Italian restaurant on the walk from the station to the venue.
- Bus 40 stops in front of the venue, which is a great option if you are staying at a downtown hotel (or live) near Peachtree Street.
- Bus 2 and 102 stop near the Fox Theatre and travel to and from Old Fourth Ward, Poncey Highland, Little 5 Points, Druid Hills, Candler Park and Oakhurst.
- Take a red or gold line train to the North Avenue MARTA station
- Walk to the north end of the platform, following the signs “To Fox Theatre”
- Walk through the AT&T building after exiting the fare gate to reach an exit to 3rd Street
- Turn right on 3rd Street and right again on Peachtree Street at the stoplight
If you accidentally stumble out of the station on North Avenue, turn left on North Avenue and left again on Peachtree Street to reach the Fox. Walking distance is about the same, but the AT&T building route is an overall better experience, plus provides shelter from bad weather.
View tickets for upcoming Fox Theatre events