The Peachtree Road Race is an annual race and celebration on July 4 with a course that starts at Lenox Square Mall and ends at Piedmont Park. MARTA stations are near both the start and end lines, making transit a great way to get to and from the race.
Things to Know
- Train service starts just before 5 a.m. on race day with a frequency of every 12 minutes, with trains every 6 minutes between Lindbergh and Lenox.
- Shuttle buses to the start line will also be available at Lindbergh Center starting at 5 a.m. on Morosgo Drive next to the station
- Buy your fare before race day to avoid lines, including at the Peachtree Road Race Expo on July 2 and 3 (hall C1). Or stop at any MARTA station to use a vending machine. If you already have a Breeze Card, you can add fare online if needed.
- Parking at Lindbergh Center is central to the start and end of the race, plus gives you the choice of a rail or bus shuttle commute to Lenox (learn more)
Directions to Start Line
Note that if you are traveling northbound on race day, you can board the first available train and exit at either the Lenox or Buckhead MARTA station to reach the start line. Buckhead is the closer station of the two, but it can also be more difficult to walk due to starting waves and crowds. Note that the Peachtree Road exit will be closed at the Buckhead station (use the pedestrian bridge exit at the north end of the station).
- Take a gold line train to the Lenox Station and follow the “To Mall” exit off the train platform. At street level, walk straight out of the station and up Lenox Road. (Recommended)
- Take a red line train to the Buckhead Station and take the Stratford Road exit over Ga. 400.
Directions at Finish Line
The end of the race is at Piedmont Park at 10th and Charles Allen. If you need to get back to your car or other destination, the closest train station is the Midtown Station at 41 10th Street (see area map). All northbound trains at this station go to Lindbergh and all southbound trains go to Five Points.
Runners are often directed to walk on 9th or 8th Street to the Midtown MARTA station due to 10th Street being closed for the race. The Midtown MARTA station is also accessible at the end of 8th Street. Plan to walk 20-25 minutes to return to the station.
Uber or Lyft are also options to get home after the race or back to your car.
Last updated 6/28/2018