The Peachtree Road Race is an annual race and celebration on July 4 with a course that starts at Lenox Square Mall and ends at Piedmont Park. MARTA stations are near both the start and end lines, making transit a great way to get to and from the race.
Things to Know
- Gold line train service to the start line will begin at 4:45 a.m. on race day. See rail schedules below for all rail lines:
- Shuttle buses to the start line will be available at Lindbergh Center on Morosgo Drive starting at 4 a.m. with frequent departures
- Lindbergh Center MARTA station has three parking decks in between the start and finish line. Keep your parking ticket with you (and take a train back to the station after the race) so you can validate it via a yellow machine inside the Lindbergh Center MARTA station for free parking.
- Buy your fare before race day to avoid lines, including at any MARTA station or if you already have a Breeze Card, you can add fare online if needed
Directions to Start Line
- Take a gold line train to the Lenox Station and look for the “To Mall” exit off the train platform. At street level, walk straight out of the station to reach Lenox Road.
- Take a red line train to the Buckhead Station and take the Stratford Road exit over Ga. 400 to reach the start line.
- Board a shuttle bus at the Lindbergh Center MARTA station on the red and gold lines.
Note that if you are traveling northbound on race day, you can board the first available train and exit at either the Lenox or Buckhead MARTA station to reach the start line. Buckhead is the closer station of the two, but it can also be more difficult to walk due to starting waves and crowds.
Finish Line Directions
The end of the race is at Piedmont Park at 10th and Charles Allen. If you need to get back to your car or other destination, the closest train station is the Midtown Station at 41 10th Street (see area map). All northbound trains at this station go to Lindbergh and all southbound trains go to Five Points.
Runners are often directed to walk on 9th or 8th Street to the Midtown MARTA station due to 10th Street being closed for the race. The Midtown MARTA station is also accessible at the end of 8th Street. Plan to walk 20-25 minutes to return to the station.
Shuttle buses to Lindbergh Center will also be on Piedmont Avenue at the 12th Street park entrance. Walk through the park toward the Midtown skyline to reach the shuttles.
Uber or Lyft are also options to get home after the race or back to your car. Shopping centers at 10th and Monroe across from Park Tavern are easy pickup locations.
Last updated 6/23/2019