The Atlanta Botanical Garden is at 1345 Piedmont Avenue, closest to the Arts Center MARTA station on the red and gold lines. In addition to the gardens themselves, there are regular events, including Cocktails in the Garden, art installations and the summer Concerts in the Garden series.
Things to Know
- Walking time is about 25 minutes from the Arts Center station and it is a pleasant route through the historic and park-filled Ansley Park neighborhood
- Bus 27 stops at the garden as another option
- Combine your trip with a visit to neighboring Piedmont Park and the BeltLine Eastside Trail
- Follow the signs to the 15th Street exit at the station (which is up two levels from the train platform)
- Turn left on 15th Street after walking through the bus bay.
- Walk up the hill, cross over Peachtree Street and keep walking through the neighborhood until 15th Street dead ends at Piedmont Avenue.
- Turn left on Piedmont and walk up to the next stoplight, where you’ll find the entrance to the garden (see map).
If you rather not walk (or bike), take a red or gold line train to the Midtown Station and transfer to bus 27. Tell the driver your destination, or exit at Piedmont Avenue and The Prado (first stoplight after the bus turns on Piedmont Avenue).
For real-time bus locations and schedules, use the MARTA on the Go app or look up schedules online.
MARTA + Uber or Lyft
A final option is to request an Uber or Lyft car at the Arts Center or Midtown MARTA station. Use promo code MARTAGuide to get $20 off your first ride if you are new rider.