The Atlanta Botanical Garden is next to Piedmont Park at 1345 Piedmont Avenue. In addition to the gardens themselves, there are regular events, including Cocktails in the Garden, art installations and the summer Concerts in the Garden series. The closest MARTA station is Arts Center on the red and gold rail line, with bus and urban hiking options to reach the gardens.
Choose from the following commute options:
From the Arts Center station, the gardens are a 25-minute walk away. The walking route is pleasant and through the historic Ansley Park neighborhood.
- Follow the signs to the 15th Street exit at the station (which is up two levels from the train platform)
- Turn left on 15th Street after walking through the bus bay.
- Walk up the hill, cross over Peachtree Street and keep walking through the neighborhood until 15th Street dead ends at Piedmont Avenue.
- Turn left on Piedmont and walk up to the next stoplight, where you’ll find the entrance to the garden (see map).
If you rather not walk (or bike), take a red or gold line train to the Midtown Station and get on bus 27. Tell the driver your destination, or exit at Piedmont Avenue and The Prado (first stoplight after the bus turns on Piedmont Avenue). You can also board the bus at Lindbergh Center, but the bus ride will be longer.
For real-time bus locations and schedules, use the MARTA on the Go app or look up schedules online.
MARTA + Uber
A final option is to request an Uber or Lyft car at the Arts Center or Midtown MARTA station. Use promo code MARTAGuide to get $20 off your first ride if you are new rider.
- It is free to transfer from the train to the bus.
- To save time walking, you can also walk to the gardens then take the bus back to MARTA. Be sure to board the bus across the street from the garden entrance to get to the Midtown MARTA station.
- Exploring the Ansley Park neighborhood along with your trip to the gardens is a great way to combine area attractions. Ansley Park also has gardens in addition to turn-of-the-century architecture. View alternate walking route to view these features.