Many events and festivals take place in the park including the Dogwood Festival, Atlanta Jazz Festival, Piedmont Park Arts Festival, Atlanta Street Food Festival, Pride Festival, Atlanta Ice Cream Festival and Music Midtown. The park also features a lake, dog park, public swimming pool, athletic fields, running track, playgrounds and tennis courts (see park map).
Things to Know
- Trains are every 20 minutes on the weekends
- The closest MARTA station with free parking is the Lindbergh Center MARTA station.
- Walking time ranges from 15-20 minutes, but you can also rent Relay Bikes next to both nearby MARTA stations to bike to and around the park as an alternative or hop on a bus
- A Bank of America ATM and the Midtown Food Mart are on 10th Street near the park (get cash if you need it, or grab a bottle of water at the market)
Arts Center Station Directions
The Arts Center station is closer to the sports fields, running track, pavilions and slightly closer to the lake, pool and Saturday morning Green Market. Walking time is about 15 minutes to the park entrance.
- Take the West Peachtree Street exit out of the station and turn left on West Peachtree Street.
- Walk one block and turn left again on 14th Street.
- Walk an additional three blocks to reach the park.
Midtown Station Directions
This station is closer to meadow and Park Tavern. It is approximately a 10 minute walk to the edge of the park.
- Go to street level and exit the station on 10th Street
- Turn right and walk about three blocks. Note that if you use the Federal Reserve exit to leave the station, turn left on 10th Street instead.
Three buses will also put you next to the park if you don’t want to walk the 10-15 minute distance from or to the train.
- Bus 36 and Bus 109 travel down 10th Street from the Midtown MARTA station
- Bus 27 has a stop outside the 14th Street park entrance near the active oval/sports fields and then travels on to the Atlanta Botanical Garden (connect with the bus at the Arts Center or Lenox MARTA stations)
- Bus 809 travels between Lindbergh Center and the King Memorial MARTA station, with stops all along Monroe Drive at the east end of the park. This bus provides easy access to the Promenade, dog park, meadow and Park Tavern.