The Peachtree Road Race is held on July 4th each year and starts just outside the Buckhead and Lenox MARTA Stations. You can either:
- Take a gold line train to the Lenox Station and follow the “To Mall” exit off the train platform. Walk straight out of the station and up Lenox Road.
- Take a red line train to the Buckhead Station and take the first set of stairs out of the station and turn left on Peachtree Road and walk about two blocks…making sure you cross over GA 400 and go by Lenox Square Mall. If you don’t, then you are walking the wrong way.
The best place to park your car and ride the train is at the Lindbergh Station at 2424 Piedmont Avenue. There are three free parking decks and all northbound trains from this station are one stop away from the start of the race. Just remember to take your parking ticket with you so you can validate it inside the station on your return trip. For other good parking locations, see the link at the bottom of the page.
The end of the race is at Piedmont Park at 10th and Charles Allen. If you need to get back to your car or other destination, the closest train station is the Midtown Station at 41 10th Street (see area map). All northbound trains at this station go to Lindbergh and all southbound trains go to Five Points.
- MARTA trains start running at 6 a.m. on the weekend/holiday schedule, but usually begin at 5 a.m. and run more often before the start of the race.
- Be sure to purchase a roundtrip fare at the start of your trip ($5 for the 2012 race) if you plan to use MARTA after the race. You can purchase a Breeze card with fare at any MARTA station in advance or online to avoid lines.
- Flying Biscuit is located near the end of the race on 10th Street if you want brunch after the run, or have friends/family who want to watch the runners near the finish line.