The Dogwood Festival takes place in Piedmont Park each April and features a large artist market, live music, disc dog competition and children’s area.
From Arts Center
From the Arts Center station, follow the signs to the West Peachtree Street exit and turn left to walk along West Peachtree Street. At 14th Street turn left and walk about three blocks to reach the park. The 14th Street entrance will get you closer to the sports fields and the lake, where most of the artist market and the Kids Village sets up. Plan for about a 15 minute walk. The festival also operates a free shuttle from this station to the park. Note you can also walk up 15th Street next to the station then cross over to 14th Street, but the walk is much hillier.
From the Midtown MARTA station main exit, turn right on 10th Street to reach the park (or turn left on 10th Street from the Federal Reserve exit). This route is closest to the meadow off of 10th Street, the location of the disc dog competition and rides. Walking time is about 10 minutes to the edge of the park and approximately 10 more to the meadow.
The Beltline Eastside Trail connects with Piedmont Park, and is accessible via Ansley Mall, Virginia Highland along Ponce de Leon Place, Old Fourth Ward Park and Inman Park via Elizabeth or Irwin Street if you live in these areas or want to park and walk the trail.
Three buses travel to the festival if you don’t want to walk. All depart from the Midtown MARTA station. It is free to ride the bus if you are transferring from the train. Choose from:
- Bus 36 goes down 10th Street and to Virginia Highland and Emory
- Bus 99 also goes down 10th Street and then south on Monroe Drive
- Bus 27 has a stop just outside the 14th Street park entrance and then travels on to the Botanical Garden
- MARTA Park and Ride Options for the Dogwood Festival
- Tips for Taking MARTA to the Dogwood Festival
- Navigating the Midtown MARTA Station
- Sightseeing Around the Dogwood Festival
- Midtown Station Nightlife
- Midtown Station Restaurants
- Atlanta Festival Guide