Georgia Tech is a public research university located in between the North Avenue MARTA station and the Midtown MARTA station on the red/gold rail lines (see area map). There are several ways to commute to campus based on your destination:
- From the North Avenue Station, follow the signs to North Avenue/West Peachtree Street exit and turn right on North Avenue. Walk west about five minutes, crossing over the interstate, and you’ll reach Bobby Dodd Stadium along with the Cherry Street entrance to the campus and Student Center.
- From North Avenue you can also take the Fox Theatre exit out of the station, walk through the indoor shopping mall and exit on 3rd Street. Turn left on 3rd and then a quick right on West Peachtree Street. At 5th Street, turn left to enter Tech Square and the center of campus near some of the Greek housing.
- When exiting at Midtown, take the main 10th Street exit out of the station and turn left (west toward West Peachtree Street). Cross over the interstate to reach the north end of campus and McCamish Pavillion. The Tech Trolley is a free shuttle that also picks up passengers at the Midtown Station outside the Peachtree Place exit and travels down 5th Street and ends near the Ferst Center and the gym.
- Bus 12 departs from the Midtown Station and travels down 10th Street at the northern edge of the Tech campus
- Bus 26 departs from the North Avenue Station and goes down North Avenue to campus as well.
- Bus 1 departs from the Five Points Station and stops near the west side of campus at the Engineer’s Bookstore and along the south side of campus
See the campus map to help plan your trip.