The Georgia Aquarium is one of most popular tourist attractions in Atlanta at 225 Baker Street NW, and there are several options for getting there on MARTA:
- Take a red or gold line train to the Peachtree Center Station and take the Harris Street exit off the train platform then follow the signs to Peachtree Street West. At street level turn left on Peachtree Street then left again on Baker Street. The aquarium is about four blocks down (see walking map). The area is generally safe with mostly office buildings. The walk is downhill, and there will be a decent incline on the walk back.
- Take a blue or green line train to Dome/GWCC/Philips Arena Station. Take the Philip’s Arena exit out of the station after going up the tall escalators, keep right and walk straight ahead on Centennial Park Drive and through the park to reach the aquarium.
- The World of Coca-Cola, Imagine It! Children’s Museum, Centennial Olympic Park, Game-X and the College Football Hall of Fame (fall 2014) are nearby attractions.
- Legal Seafoods and Johnny Rockets are the closest restaurants to the aquarium. See links below for other restaurant options.
- For a slight shortcut from Peachtree Center, take Harris Street/John Portman Blvd. to Centennial Park where there is a sidewalk entrance to the park. Walk through the park to reach the aquarium.
For more information, see:
10 Popular Atlanta Tourists Attractions and How to Get There on MARTA
5 Things to See and Do at the Peachtree Center Station
Navigating the Peachtree Center Station
Peachtree Center Station Restaurants
Navigating the Dome Station
Dome Station Restaurants