Many events and festivals take place in the park including the Dogwood Festival, Atlanta Jazz Festival, Piedmont Park Arts Festival, Atlanta Street Food Festival, Pride Festival, Atlanta Ice Cream Festival, Atlanta Seafood and Craft Beer Festival and Music Midtown. The park also features a lake, dog park, public swimming pool, athletic fields, running track, playgrounds and tennis courts (see area map).
Arts Center Station Directions
The Arts Center station is closer to the sports fields, running track, pavilions and slightly closer to the lake, pool and Saturday morning Green Market. Take the West Peachtree Street exit out of the station and turn left on West Peachtree Street. Walk one block and turn left again on 14th Street and walk an additional three blocks to reach the park. Walking time is about 15 minutes.
Midtown Station Directions
Or from the main exit at the Midtown station, turn right (east) on 10th Street to reach the park. This route will put you closer to meadow and Park Tavern. It is approximately a 10 minute walk to the edge of the park.
Three buses will also put you next to the park if you don’t want to walk the 10-15 minute distance from or to the train. All buses depart from the Midtown station:
- Bus 36 goes down 10th Street and on to the Virginia Highland, Emory and the Avondale Station
- Bus 99 also goes down 10th Street and then south on Monroe Drive to the Georgia State Station
- Bus 27 has a stop just outside the 14th Street park entrance and then travels on to the Botanical Garden and Lindbergh Center
- A Bank of America ATM and a small market are on 10th Street near the park if you need cash or water/provisions for the park.
- The closest MARTA station with free parking is the Lindbergh Center MARTA station.
- If you exit at the Midtown station, peer into the bus bay to see if any of the buses are there that travel to the park to save time walking, unless you prefer the exercise. It is free to transfer to the bus from the train, just tap your Breeze Card when exiting the station and again on the bus.