Piedmont Park is one of Atlanta’s largest public parks that regularly hosts the Dogwood Festival, Atlanta Jazz Festival, Piedmont Park Arts Festival, Pride Festival, Atlanta Ice Cream Festival, Music Midtown and Green Concert. The park also features a lake, dog park, public swimming pool, athletic fields, running track, playgrounds and tennis courts (see area map).
The Arts Center Station is closer to the sports fields, running track, pavilions and slightly closer to the lake, pool and Saturday morning Green Market. Take the West Peachtree Street exit out of the station and turn left on West Peachtree Street. Walk one block and turn left again on 14th Street and walk an additional three blocks to reach the park. Walking time is about 15 minutes.
Or from the main exit at the Midtown Station, turn right (east) on 10th Street to reach the park. This route will put you closer to meadow and Park Tavern. It is approximately a 10 minute walk to the edge of the park.
Three buses will also put you next to the park if you don’t want to walk the 10-15 minute distance from or to the train. All buses depart from the Midtown station:
- Bus 36 goes down 10th Street and on to the Virginia Highland, Emory and the Avondale Station
- Bus 99 also goes down 10th Street and then south on Monroe Drive to the Georgia State Station
- Bus 27 has a stop just outside the 14th Street park entrance and then travels on to the Botanical Garden and Lindbergh Center
- An ATM and a small market is on 10th Street near the park if you need cash or water/provisions for the park.
- The closest MARTA station for parking is the Lindbergh Center station.
- If you exit at the Midtown station, peer into the bus bay to see if any of the buses are there. If so, hop on the bus unless you want the walking exercise. It is free to transfer to the bus from the train, just tap your Breeze Card when exiting the station and again on the bus.
For more information, see:
Navigating the Arts Center Station
Navigating the Midtown Station
Midtown Station Restaurants
Arts Center Station Restaurants
5 MARTA Tips for Music Midtown
Tips for Taking MARTA to the Dogwood Festival
5 Things to See and Do at the Midtown Station
5 Things to See and Do at the Arts Center Station